Friday, June 3, 2011

Viernes!

   Today we had a half day at school. We learned about electrical safety and in lab built an extension cord but we didn't have any Spanish class today. Being a chemical engineer I felt a little bit behind since I've only had basic circuit classes in school. Since we were out so early we did some more exploring. We went downtown and a few of us went out for lunch.  I ate just chicken for the first time and was surprised that I liked it, so far I haven't been a fan of anything with chicken in it.  I also had ham this morning for the first time in my life.  Definitely not my favorite, but overall not bad.  I think I would have been able to get by here staying vegetarian but I'm worried about keeping up my weight and getting enough protein to get through the long hot days.  I think it gives me more energy and is definitely better than living off salads like I do at school.  We did a lot of walking so I'm fairly tired now. Tomorrow we're going rafting which should be a lot of fun! But.....we have to be at the school for 6 am so we'll have to catch the bus around 5. It's still pretty early now so I'm not sure what we'll be doing for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment